Art by Sala
In 2011, Sala took a leap of faith and began studying fine arts at the prestigious Angel Academy of Art in Florence, Italy. There she practised everything from depicting cast to live models, and refined her skills in classical realist painting.
In September 2014, she immersed further in her artistic endeavours by attending the Laguna College of Art + Design (California) where she studied her craft of classical painting and drawing.
2014 was a milestone year for Sala, who was honoured with the privilege of participating in the Calgary Stampede’s Western Art Gallery as a young emerging artist, and being selected as one of 22 high-caliber artists from around the globe to paint at the White Mountains of New Hampshire – a revered art fellowship organized by the Grand Central Academy of Art, New York City.
In April 2016, Sala graduated with a Bachelor of Fine Arts degree as a painting major from the Alberta College of Art + Design in Calgary, Alberta.
- Alberta College of Art + Design – Alberta, 2015-16 (graduated)
- Laguna College of Art + Design – California, 2014-15
- Alberta College of Art + Design – Alberta, 2010-11 and 2013-14
- Angel Academy of Art – Florence, Italy, 2011-13
- Selected in the Top 5 artists for the Homes by Avi Stampede
Showhome Contest (out of hundreds of participants)
- One of three painting students selected to represent ACAD at
the BMO 1st Art! Invitational Student Art Competition 2016
- 4th place, CBA Réaliste Worldwide Fine Art Contest
- Scholarship Recipient (painting) – Stampede Western Art Show
- IB Fine Arts Award of Excellence – St. Mary’s High School